Wednesday 24 November 2010

A northern winter home

 Christmas is exactly one month away, dear readers.

Oh boy, do I love winter when I look at this home? Certainly. So cosy and calm. Feels straight out of an Astrid Lindgren novel. Either Pippi Longstocking (because of the porch, although her house is more colourful if I remember correctly) or the Bullerbü series (even if the houses were red in the book).

The house was built in 1892 and the ceilings are up to 7.5 meters high. I wonder what the heating bill is like but it looks amazing. I also love the Swedish bench in the living room. I think such a gustavian bench works in almost any decor.

After seeing this house I want snow, too, except it never looks white and pristine in Paris. So I better go to Chamonix.











All photos: Skona Hem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by european chic and commenting. Every comment makes my day!
Anna

More from European Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...